Canada is a G7 country, with a fast growing economy, and is consistently voted as one of the best countries to live in. Canada welcomes hundreds of thousands of people as new permanent residents each year.

Certified Consultants
24/7 Support and guidance
Global Presence

Express entry process

Become a canadian permanent resident



Register for H&O's Free Assessment service to determine your eligibility for the Canada Express Entry Program.

H&O's immigration consultants will evaluate several factors to gauge your chances and will contact you within 24 hours.





If you qualify, we will present the best pathway to fast-track your Canadian PR. Sign contract and pay retainer fees.

Experience a customized & full-service solution: ECA application, IELTS training, document verification and submission, Canadian job application assistance.





Express Entry Profile creation and enter Express Entry pool

Receive invitation to apply (ITA) from IRCC and submit PR application online.



Express Entry

Express Entry is an electronic point-based immigration system founded in January 2015 by the Canadian government to manage permanent residence applications of foreign nationals to address the labor force shortages in Canada. This program has been very successful in managing Canadian permanent residence applications more efficiently and has aided thousands of skilled foreign workers find their pathway to Canada in as little as 6 months. The Express Entry is not an immigration program on itself, but rather a new method used by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to assess, recruit and select skilled and qualified immigrants. Express Entry consists of three key economic immigration programs:

The applicants enter a pool and are assigned a CRS score that further determines their chances in receiving an invitation to apply. Applicants will be ranked according to a points system highlighting their skills and credentials. The higher your CRS score, the more likely you are to succeed. Express Entry also helps candidates secure a job before they arrive, by matching their job profiles with the requirements of Canadian employers.

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

Skilled workers with foreign work experience will be eligible to apply for Federal Skilled Worker program that will allow them to become a permanent resident in Canada. Candidates must meet all the minimum eligible requirements, which will be assessed, based on various selection factors that includes age, education, work experience, valid job offer, language skills, adaptability. All the selection factors are organized in a 100-point grid system, in which the applicant must score at least 67 points to become eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Refer below for the minimum requirements of each of the six selection factors:

  • A paid full-time skilled work experience for at least 12 continuous months (or equivalent part time experience) must be completed within the previous 10 years and the experience must be under NOC Skill level 0, A and B of the National Occupation Classification.

    • 0 - Managerial jobs
    • A- Professional jobs
    • B- Technical jobs and skilled trades

    A maximum of 15 points can be earned for work experience.

  • The applicant must meet the minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 7(CLB 7) for each language ability (reading, speaking, listening and writing) for at least one of the official languages of Canada, i.e. English and French. To get additional points for the second language, the applicant must get atleast CLB 5 or NCLC 5 in all 4 language abilities.

    Note: The designated testing agencies are IELTS (English) CELPIP (English), TEF (French) and TFC (French). The test results must be valid at the time of application.

  • Applicants are awarded points for educational credentials as well as for the number of years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies. Full-time study is defined as at least 15 hours per week during the academic year.

    If you have studied in Canada, you need to have a certificate, diploma or a degree from a Canadian high school or post-secondary school

    If you completed your studies outside Canada, you must provide an Educational Credential Assessment report (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization (like WES).

  • A maximum of 12 points are awarded for the age factor, based on the table below:

  • Under this factor, you may be able to increase your score by mentioning your spouse’s factors and your connections to Canada.

    Candidate must show that they have enough money to settle in Canada. This is not needed if they currently are able to legally work or have a valid job offer from an employer.

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

The Federal Skilled Trades Program was launched in January 2013 and was designed to provide a route for skilled trades people to immigrate to Canada. Eligible candidates with a valid job offer or certification to work in certain occupations may apply under this program. Applicants under the FSTC do not need to prove their level of education to enter the pool and may have lower CRS scores than candidates applying for the other economic immigration programs.

  • To become eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Trades Class must meet the following criteria:
    The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time or equal amount of part-time work experience in an accepted skilled trade occupation in the last 5 years. Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under skill type B of the NOC:

    Applicant must meet the minimum language proficiency requirements in English or French. They must get at least a score of CLB 4 in reading and writing, and CLB 5 in listening and speaking, by taking one of the designated language tests.

    This program does not require an educational credential. However, showing you have completed a certain level of education will aid in boosting your CRS score. If you studied in Canada, you can get additional points by submitting a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian high school or post-secondary school. If you completed foreign education, you can get it evaluated by a designated ECA organization.

    Applicant must have a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer for a total period of at least 1-year OR a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade is needed.

    The candidate should be able to meet the job requirements for the skilled trade occupation (as described in the NOC) under which they are applying for by matching the job description to his/her essential duties. This does not apply in the case a certificate of qualification is required.

    Candidates without a valid job offer must declare that they have enough money to sustain themselves and their family in Canada.

  • Each province and territiory have their own requirements in order to asses and issue the Certificate of Qualification. The candiates may have to train under a Canadian employer to gain experience. This certificate further proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade in Canada. This process will differ between provinces and territories. It is the candidate’s responsibility to check what is applicable to them.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

This is a popular route to permanent residency for those who have a Canadian skilled work experience. Successful applicants will be able to enjoy one of the fastest ways to enter the pool of Express Entry. Candidates applying under this program will have to meet the following minimum requirements:

    Applicants must have at least one year of skilled, Canadian work experience, in the last 3 years, from NOC 0, A or B and the work must be for a full-time position or the equivalent time in a part-time position. Must also be legally obtained paid work experience in Canada.

    There are no educational requirements for this program however you can increase your chances in the Express Entry pool by obtaining:

    • A certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian high school or post-secondary school
    • An ECA report for your foreign education issued by a designated organization.

    Applicants under this program must meet the minimum language level of:

    • Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
    • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs,

    In the approved language tests for all four-language abilities (reading, writing, speaking, listening) in either, English or French.